1. Learn as many languages as possible and say “hello” to everyone you meet.
2. Help others.
3.Put good above all. Surround yourself with positive people.
4. Ask for what you need. You may not get it, but you have the right to ask.
5.”Boys” will clean you out. Some “men” will try to. Real men won’t need to.
6.Walking is an upright form of meditation. Enjoy it slowly and silently. Observe the nature around you.
7) Food is beautiful. Make peace with it. It’s not your enemy.
8) Your body is beautiful. Make peace with it. It’s not your enemy.
9) Thoughts aren’t facts–just passing pieces of information. Stop trying to deconstruct them.
10) More coffee doesn’t equate to actual sleep.
11. Not getting what you want is often the biggest blessing. Sometimes you go searching for the thing that’s right in front of you.
12. You can change continents and outfits, but you can’t change from the outside-in. You change from the inside, out.
13) Drive-thru’s are just a warning that you need real nurturing that doesn’t involve a 24 hour neon sign and saturated fat.
Get your ass to yoga, sister.
14) Sweet pain is good. It means you’re alive and awake to your life and your feelings.
15) When it comes to art and music, ask for feedback from those who are good in your field–not your friends or your family. Only take criticism from folks who are good at what they do and practice their art form daily.
16) Not knowing can be sweet bliss if you embrace it.
17) If someone gives you a compliment, accept it.
18) You are either your best friend or your worst enemy.
19) Death is just another part of life.
20) Treasure your parents for who they are, not what they weren’t.