Are you ready to join the Virago Team?
What we focus on:
- Bad ass women
- Unique Fashion
- Female Empowerment
- Music interviews
We’re all about pushing the envelope, breaking boundaries and delivering awesome content
What we look for in Writers:
- Unique style and voice.
- Fearless writing styles/not afraid to tackle controversial subjects
- Ability to use HTML (we’re not looking for programmers, just be familiar with it)
- Ability to edit images
- Ability to update multiple times per day
- Decent understanding of social media, i.e. RSS feeds, Twitter, Google Alerts, etc
- Passion for and knowledge of fashion and make up from different eras and genres
- Knowledge of Women who kick major ass
- Ability to fact-check, self-edit and follow existing formatting guidelines and style already in use at Virago (AP Style. Know it. Love it)
- Ability to contribute with several posts per week. Writers who wish to contribute reviews and lengthier pieces, one to two posts per week
- Must have active accounts on Facebook and Twitter
- Keen eyes and ears for up and coming music, fashion and film
What We’re Not Looking For
- Writers who are interested in writing about useless chit-chat
- Long-form entries that take hours/days to complete
- Negative attitude.
- Flat affect. We want engaging!
- Writers lacking self-discipline or motivation
To answer this call, please email us at writers [at] viragomag.com. Be sure to include two written samples that can be published immediately.